Reporting to:Controls Manager
Summary of Role:
- Developing functional design specifications.
- Production of well organised electrical layout drawings, wiring schematics, cable plans and part lists.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
- Liaising with site installation teams.
- Commissioning controls systems on site and provision of support to system commissioning activities.
- Provision of system training for end users.
- Production of required Health and Safety documentation.
- Liaise with Project Sales and Project Engineers during design phase.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order installation / commissioning phases.
- Liaise with purchase departments.
- To maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
- To innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality).
- To provide technical backup to the service team as required, including bug fixes, enhancements and modifications.
- To maintain and improve upon personal skills related to the position, through experience and training.
- To comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and and Guilds or
- HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Controls component knowledge.
- Held a similar role previously.
- Microsoft Office competent
- Microsoft Project competent