Reporting to:Production Manager
Summary of Role:
- Manage multiple test tasks simultaneously without supervision. This includes fulfilling project tasks and schedules, interfacing with project team members and other support personnel and solving project related conflicts and issues.
- Oversee and review documents within test package and rectify with communications directly to Engineers. E.g. repeated and continuous faults with wiring diagrams, revision issues, signing documents as checked and approved.
- Attend, and drive, project close out meetings with Project Managers and other departments and disciplines.
- Organize and prepare internal or external data and documentation according to company policies for assigned projects and to review and edit internal documentation for other team members.
- Lead in the preparation and presentation of materials for internal technical reviews.
- Recommend and develop new processes, equipment, and best practices designed to be consistent with company objectives and specifications.
- Have regular and proactive meetings with team leaders to bring quality issues up to an acceptable standard.
- Continuously monitor panel shop fitting staff fitting/skill levels leading to advice and further training if necessary. Identifying issues at source and rectifying where necessary.
- Be instrumental in building, and maintaining, strong feedback loops with Engineering Department and act as primary liaison point between Manufacturing and Engineering in respect of technical issues and best practices.
- Train and advise test technicians on correct testing methods and mechanical set up.
- Carry out Training Needs Analysis across panel shop personnel, in respect of assembly and test skills, and assist in developing and carrying out specific training to fill skill gaps.
- Assist in developing best practice procedures for test and assembly processes.
- Control training room functions and assist in developing the facility to improve standards across all aspects of Test, Manufacturing, Engineering, Installation, Commissioning, Sales and Service.
- Oversee customer FATs when carried out by other personnel, ensuring positive communications and hospitality where necessary.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
- BTEC/City and Guilds in Electrical Engineering or
- HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Good electrical knowledge
- Controls component knowledge
- Held a similar role previously
- Low Voltage switchgear knowledge also beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of protection relays and protection schemes.
- Experience with voltages from 415v – 11KV
Specific switchgear and motor protection relays: Alstom, Schneider, Siemens, ABB