Reporting to:Robotics Manager
Summary of Role:
- Robotic Engineering
- Design, simulate, plan and commission over the entire life cycle of projects.
- Comply with company, customer & industry standards.
- Verify process and resource using a variety of simulation technologies.
- Provide detailed documentation and robot programs developed ‘offline’.
- Design and develop cost effective methods to minimise ‘online’ tasks.
- Develop virtual manufacturing techniques.
- Generate and maintain progress / status documentation in accordance with company & customer administrative systems.
- Calibrate work cell components and test offline programs.
- Produce structured and well commented code in accordance with industry best practice.
- Commission robots within a fully automated work cell, working in cooperation with PLC Software & Commissioning personnel.
- Use knowledge and experience to train and develop other members of the team.
- Liaise with Project Sales and Project Engineers during design phase.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order installation / commissioning phases.
- Liaise with purchase departments.
- To maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
- To innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality).
- To provide technical backup to the service team as required, including bug fixes, enhancements and modifications.
- To maintain and improve upon personal skills related to the position, through experience and training.
- To comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and and Guilds or
- HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in industrial automation
- Experience in industrial robotics.
- Experience in virtual manufacturing software.
- Experience with Automotive manufacturing processes
- Strong mathematical & analytical skills
- Experience in industrial automation in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience in Simulation and Offline Programming of robotic automation systems
- Experience in computer aided design
- Fluid and electrical schematic understanding
- RobCAD / Process Simulate / Delmia
- ABB RAPID / Kuka KRL / Fanuc KAREL
- Catia / NX
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint.
- Visual Basic / Visual C# beneficial
- EPLAN comprehension