Location:Silsoe, Kings Norton
Reporting to:Controls Manager
Summary of Role:
- Production of well-structured software programs.
- Production of visualisation databases.
- Assisting in factory testing of visualisation systems prior to sending to site.
- Designing, producing and testing of automated control software.
- Production of controls design documentation.
- Supervision of teams of software engineers in house and on site
- Auditing of junior other engineers software
- Production of supporting documentation and manuals
- Production of required Health and Safety documentation including, such as Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system commissioning activities.
- Provision of system training for end users.
- Supervision of teams of engineers
- Liaise with Project Sales and Project Engineers during design phase.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order installation / commissioning phases.
- Liaise with all departments as necessary.
- To maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
- To innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality).
- To provide technical backup to the service team as required, including bug fixes, enhancements and modifications.
- To maintain and improve upon personal skills related to the position, through experience and training.
- To comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual.
- Supporting and mentoring of junior engineers and apprentices
- Supervision of junior engineers
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and and Guilds or
- HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Controls component knowledge.
- Held a similar role previously.
- Previous use of Allen Bradley controllers.
- PLC Software Design Commissioning for Material Handling Systems
- Siemens S7 / Allen Bradley / Schneider products
- WinCC Flexible
- SQL, Visual Basic or C Scripting
- General SCADA skills