Reporting to:General Manager - Power
Summary of Role:
- Technical lead and responsible for the mechanical section, advising, reviewing and approving detailed designs prior to production.
- Management of the team, allocate & prioritise jobs, ensure project milestones are achieved, collaborate and communicate effectively with internal & external clients.
- Produce Designs which are economical to the needs of the job in hand and are economical in the use of materials and methods of Production available.
- Keep up to date with materials, methods and the various standards in use in the Electrical Engineering Industry. Review designs against changes in published standards, ensuring that designs remain valid and fall within the scope of type tested arrangements. Highlight any need to re-type test.
- Where a need to re-test is identified, assist in development of new products, utilising the analysis tools available on 3D CAD e.g. Finite Element Analysis of structures, to produce designs for test.
- The preparation of 3D models and assemblies together with all necessary Production Drawings/Sketches and Working Instructions to enable the Company to produce Electrical Control Gear which is in accordance with the Engineering Instructions, Sales Quotation and Customers Specifications
- Order bought out materials, sheet metal, labels etc. making sure that the delivery and price are within the contract limits
- Ensure that modifications are noted for future reference so that spares and replacements may be supplied correctly
- Assist with the Application Engineering functions.
- Attend site meetings / surveys and type testing as necessary.
- Give help and guidance to others on all matters concerning the design and production of the equipment.
- Ensure quality and consistency of work within the team are maintained.
- Training and mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Maintain an individual plan of work to be carried out.
- Ensure department processes and procedures are kept up to date.
- Comply with the Company ISO9001:2000 Quality Policy, Quality Plan, Quality Systems, Procedures and work Instructions as detailed in documents ICSD 920 and ISCD 921.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Electro-Mechanical design experience
- Worked with LV/MV cabinets/MCC’s/Switchgear
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Team Leader / Team Management
- Mentoring skills
- Held similar role previously
- Knowledge of LV & HV switchgear IEC standards (IEC 61439, IEC 61641, IEC 62271)
- Switchgear Mechanical design knowledge
- 3D CAD tools
- MS Office