Reporting to:Principal Test Engineer
Summary of Role:
- To check that the equipment manufactured is in accordance with the Engineering and Draughting Diagrams, Drawings and Schedules.
- To fully test and inspect the equipment in accordance with the laid down test procedures.
- To carry out any special tests required by the Engineer.
- To demonstrate switchboard functionality to the client during factory acceptance tests.
- If job is not complete when despatched, make list of all missing items and work to be done on site and be responsible for ensuring that the work is completed.
- Complete and sign off all test documentation.
- Provide the Engineer with a set of marked up diagrams and drawings incorporating any Test Modifications.
- Ensure that a full set of up to date diagrams are despatched with the equipment.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
- BTEC/City and Guilds in Electrical Engineering or
- HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Good electrical knowledge is required
- Controls component knowledge
- Held a similar role previously
- Low Voltage switchgear knowledge also beneficial
- Competent with AutoCAD,
- Detailed knowledge of protection relays and protection schemes.
- Experience with voltages from 415v – 11KV
Specific switchgear and motor protection relays: Alstom, Schneider, Siemens, ABB